Friday, October 30, 2015

The Day of the Dead

Or as many would know as Día de Muertos. Or El Dia de los Muertos. 

It's a holiday to celebrate the dead. It lasts for three days, from Oct 31st until November 2rd in certain parts of Mexico.

It's actually an interesting holiday because they go by each day for different themes for different spirits... Basically, celebrating the spirits visiting them.

Oct 31st is for the children. They make alters with offerings for the children spirits to come by. Nov 1st is for the adults, again with the alters with offerings to the spirits.

Then on the 2nd of November, they go out and decorate the graves and more of the deceased. They spread out flowers of the dead, marigolds, decorated skulls and more.

So, this holiday is famous for the movie "The Book of Life" which I have no seen but know it's about the theme of the holiday that's awesome.

In fact, the skulls is the one thing that I like even though it's part of this holiday.

Alright, since I am away for tonight and part of tomorrow, I will be back tonight with another post. I have a show to watch at 9... so I will try to post before or soon after the show ended.

With that in mind,

That's all.

With love,

BDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.