Thursday, October 29, 2015

History of Halloween!

I love history about Halloween because it ties in with ghosts more than anything else.

It all started with the idea of Samhain. Which came on Nov. 1st. But the most interesting part is the night before Samhain, is when the ghosts came. The night before Samhain... is... you guessed it, Halloween, Oct. 31st.

Soon, the Christians called this night All Hallow's Eve. You can tell where the idea of Halloween came in here. So, it seems strange to noticed that Halloween is actually a Christian holiday.

When in reality, it was actually a pagan holiday in the beginning. But still, I think it's interesting to read up about the history of Halloween.


It wasn't until 1950s where Trick N Treat became so popular. So, again, interesting how history became the way it is now.

The idea of All Hallow's Eve is also good for the witches to celebrate because of the full moon which sometimes fall around this time of the year. Strangely enough, ghosts have always seem to be around for years and years...

No wonder people loves Halloween! Well, I do too xD

Tomorrow, I will talk about another holiday that actually intrigues me. It's The Day of the Dead... will talk more about that tomorrow only.

Alright, look for the second part and more personal part of my blog later.

That's all.

With love,

BDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.