Wednesday, March 13, 2013

72 of 365: Dead Dead Town

Alright, finally, I have found something to talk about. First of all, I want to tell you all where I'm from. It's a small town called Mount Vernon, KY... literally in the foothills of Rockcastle County. Seriously, look that up on CNN one day, guys.

Anyways, that's not the topic I'm gonna get into.

My mom found a post on her facebook page from a friend saying that "Mount Vernon business are closing their stores due to Conservative Values". I may not know the full meaning of that but I do know what closing the stores mean.

This town has a history of raising taxes and putting the money in their pockets. And I guess... that's what it means for conservative values? Please comment me if I'm wrong. Because like I said, I don't know the true meaning behind it.

But if more businesses closed here in Mount Vernon... what is there left to do? I mean, they closed one store 3 years ago, and just recently closed another one a few weeks ago. There's not exactly many local stores left. So what's going to happen? Are we going to end up being a ghost town? While another town that has a college, lots of stores, and many histories thrive?

It's becoming a more reason to leave this town. I mean, seriously... Drugs and losing businesses are very good reason to leave. Yes, this happens everywhere but you just don't know how this town is unless you look behind the pretty things and actually live there.

I've been living here for 26 and soon 27 years. All my life. I'm getting older, and this town is getting duller. I'm not getting any younger and I can't stay lazy all my life. I can't keep hating myself forever. And I sure don't want to hurt myself for the answer. So... it'll be harder to get a job here unless somebody out there steal me away. Friend or anybody.

Whatever. Yea. Whatever. I don't care. I just need an escape. Take me away now.

Just... this is one dead dead town. What's the point of staying in a town that is a bit too late on surviving? Answer me. Comment this page.

And you know who you are if you are still reading this.

That's all.

With love,

BDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.