Wednesday, May 8, 2013

128 of 365: Kenshin and Japanese History

I always enjoyed Kenshin because of it's strong sense of history in it. Not many people realize that what happened in Rurouni Kenshin anime and live action, actually did happened. Just without what the story line Kenshin has in it. As for the events that is happening, it did.

Europe was trading goods with Japan and they were learning the Japanese that swords can kill. (Kenshin is a story based on "Heart of Sword" which means swords are used to protect, etc.)

Anyways, when Europe began to bring Japan into guns, etc. The samurai were no more. This was the beginning and the end of Meiji era. And the start of Edo era. If you're wondering, search the names and you can figure out what I'm talking about. All of this was before Tokyo became a capital of Japan!

I would love to watch Rorouni Kenshin just to get a refresh start of Japanese history.

In fact... I love Asia history... Chinese history, Japanese history and Korean history are all interesting to me. They all seem the same (which is true since most of the cultures that we see now in Asia started from China... interesting, yes?)

Anyways... that's it for this blog... I will let you know if anything happens though. Today was sort of a day off for me... so might as well enjoy watching Kenshin while I can.

That's all.

With love,

BDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.