Thursday, February 7, 2013

38 of 365: Respect

Before I go on, I want to say a few kind words about a good friend, a good teacher and a good role model. His name was Rick Barnett. He passed away a few days ago in a fatal car accident. But there are things that I will keep to myself about what he told my family. Because you never know who would read this. But I will hint around... about what he told them.

He was the only one that respected me. He respected everybody he saw and he never forgets you. He taught me kindness and to be respectful to everybody around you.

Now getting to my hint: This town alone has rumors. Rumors hurt even if they were true or not. There is always a backstabber behind you in this town. God rest his soul, he told my mom and dad that this town was a joke. He said people always had something to say when it's not true. He told my parents that he don't blame people for leaving this town.

And you know... all those times it makes me wonder why people don't respect when they reveal a truth. This world is a cruel place.

But you know, I'm thankful I am living and breathing. Even though I don't like how my life was... I don't know...

Another story aside, after going to the funeral home to pay my respects, it made me think: Life is short. It can end shorter. Most times because of how people treated others. There are many things that are happening these days.

You just don't know what will happen the next day or the day after.

And so ends my post.

With love,

BDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.