Friday, December 22, 2023

A Book With Unexpected Twists: Review of There Is A Door In This Darkness by Kristin Cashore

        Cover Image for There is a Door in this Darkness  
Title: There Is A Door In This Darkness
Author: Kristin Cashore

Rating: 5 Stars


When I was picked to be one of the ones to review this book, I was expecting to be a little magic, but never did I knew that it would turn out to be this amazing.

The title basically describes what grief would be and I don't want to go into full details of why because you just have to read the book to see why.

Just think you're in the middle of a pandemic and a political race, then boom, all this crazy stuff starts happening to you.

Wilhelmina Hart was dealing with a lot, especially after losing one of her favorite aunts to cancer. Only to deal with trauma after another. Now in 2020, she began to see things that just didn't make sense to her.

Through out the book, you find things that didn't make sense and that's the magical twist that makes the book very unique. There might be a hint of a tiny romance brewing too but I can't get into too much detail about it because you have to read it.

It's very different than Kristin Cashore's fantasy series. So I highly recommend it.

It has good build up with memories and the magic twists aren't overpowering.

And it kept to the topics of what happened in 2020.

Definitely a book that deserves a 5 star rating.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not spam my comments with stores and such. I will personally delete anything that is put in the comments that sells anything. If you really want to advertise a business, please contact me first. How to contact me, you must go to the contact me section above and use that form to contact me. Thank you.